Veronica Roth Talks With Teen.com About the Divergent Cast

 Teen.com chats with Veronica Roth. They talk about the age difference of the actors to the characters and how amazing it is that we have Kate Winslet as Jeanine.
Shailene Woodley and Theo James
One topic of discussion during our chat was the age gap between lead actors Shailene Woodley (Tris) and Theo James (Four). In the book, these characters are 16 and 18 respectively, but the actors playing them are a bit older at 21 and 28. When asked about the age subject, Veronica assured that fans wouldn’t be disappointed, saying:
“I think that head shots look a lot older than actual people. When I’m meeting them in real life I’m like ‘Oh yeah this is not a problem.’ Seeing them all together, they definitely look younger than you think. I was most concerned about the age gap looking okay. Obviously Shailene is [six years] younger than Theo. It doesn’t really look that way because I think when you cast an actual 16 year old and actual 18 year old they look the same age, especially if the 18 year old is a boy because they don’t age. So that would actually look kind of creepy. So I’m happy with the maturity of the actors I think that was crucial to making this movie work and by casting older actors we definitely have gotten that maturity which is amazing. I think that gap looks great in real life.”
Veronica also sang Theo’s praises in another way, mentioning that he was the one actor who matched her vision of the book character the closest.
Read the full interview over at Teen.com

0 comments: